What do I do if I don’t get a reply from the Shoutbomb service?
The Shoutbomb service processes all request within 60 seconds of receiving your message, but some cell phone providers do not deliver this first message promptly.
- Wait and see if the reply arrives.
- If after 4 hours you still have not received a reply, send the keyword resend to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can only use the RESEND command three times per day. This limitation is in place to protect from spam messages. If you do not receive a reply after three days, then send an e-Mail detailing your issue to email@example.com.
When will I receive texts?
Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive around 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
What kinds of messages are available with the Shoutbomb service?
By default, the following notices are turned on; however, texting the related keyword to firstname.lastname@example.org will turn that type of notice off. Texting the keyword again, will turn that type of notice back on.
- REMINDER - this is a notice that things will soon be due.
- OVERDUE - this is a notice that things are already overdue.
- FEES - this is a notice that there are fines or fees owed.
- PICKUP - this is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- RENEW - this is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
What other keywords can I use with Shoutbomb?
Send all keywords to email@example.com
- QUIT: To stop receiving text messages.
- ADDCARD: To add additional library cards to your text message account.
- DROPCARD: To remove a card.
- RESEND: To have Shoutbomb resend your last received message.
- HELP: To view a list of available commands.
- TEST: To test if your phone will work with Shoutbomb.
- HL: Get a list of holds that are ready for pick up
- RA: Renew all eligible items
- RI: Get a list of items that are coming due and that cannot be renewed
- RL: Get a list of items you can renew
- OA: Renew all overdue materials
- OI: Get a list of items that are overdue and cannot be renewed
- OL: Get a list of overdue items you can renew
What if I switch phones but keep the same number?
If you switch to a new cell phone and the phone number remains the same it won't always transfer the service to the new phone. Text the keyword SWITCHPHONE to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow any prompts.
How do I report an issue?
If you are experiencing any issues with the service or you would like to make a suggestion for improvement, please text/e-Mail your comments to email@example.com
Because Shoutbomb is a separate service not affiliated with your library or Winnefox Library System, we are unable to tell whether or not a text notice was sent or received. Remember, you will still receive whatever e-Mail, phone, paper notices you would normally get from the library. Winnefox Library System is using Shoutbomb to provide you an additional notification option to help you manage your library account easier: on your phone, wherever you may be.
How do I quit using the Shoutbomb service?
To end all text notifications and cancel your registration, text the message quit to firstname.lastname@example.org, then reply to the instructions from Shoutbomb.