WIS 23 reconstruction - Green Lake to Ripon (*updated*)
Current traffic impacts
- The intersection of N. Lawson Street and North Street, in the city of Green Lake, is closed for utility work through May 16. Access to properties within the work zone will be maintained.
- WIS 23, from the intersection of WIS 49/County A to Arcade Glen Road (Ripon) is detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49. This detour will be in place until July 2014.
- The WIS 49/County A intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop during all stages of construction.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Crews plan to close WIS 23 -- east of Sunnyside Road to 1,000 feet west of Brooklyn J Road -- for construction of the Silver Creek Tributary box culvert, beginning May 5. The closure will last for no more than 21 calendar days.
- During the week of May 5, crews will be working along the shoulder of County A.
- Grading operations will being along WIS 23, local property owners are encouraged to slow down and drive cautiously through the construction zone.
- Mailboxes along WIS 23 should be removed by the property owners. A common pickup box has been set up at the "Surface and Surroundings" property, W14480 Highway 23, Ripon, WI 54971. Contact your local post office to see if you qualify to receive mail here.
Promote your business during construction
- Is your business located within ½ mile of the WisDOT construction zone for this project? If you haven’t already done so, promote your business by uploading your business information to our business listing Web site:
- There are no construction information meetings scheduled at this time. If you have any questions or concerns about the project, please contact the on-site project leader Justin Berrens at (414) 640-8184 and is available at the project field office; located at the Kopplin and Kinas Property, W1266 N. Lawson St., Green Lake, WI 54941.
- Business and property owners can contact the on-site project leader Justin Berrens at (414) 640-8184 or the WisDOT Project Manager Dan Holloway at (715) 459-4774.