Hi folks - Here's the latest from the Wisconsin DOT:
WIS 23 reconstruction - Green Lake to Ripon
Traffic impacts and business access
- Construction is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 21, at 7 a.m.
April 21 through August 2014
1. WIS 23, from the intersection of WIS 49/County A to Arcade Glen Road (Ripon) will be detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49.This detour will be in place until July 2014.
2. WIS 23 will be closed east of Sunnyside Road to 1,000 feet west of Brooklyn J Road (for construction of the Silver Creek Tributary box culvert) for no more than 21 calendar days.
3. WIS 23 will be closed west of the intersection with S. Koro Road to Comorn Road (for construction of the Silver Creek box culvert extension) for no more than 21 calendar days. Access will be maintained around the Silver Creek culvert via S. Koro Road.
4. The WIS 49/County A intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop during all stages of construction. Motorists can expect daytime, single lane closures and flagging operations.
August through mid-November 2014
1. WIS 23 (between WIS 49/County A and North Street (Green Lake)) will be detoured via WIS 73, County K and County A.
2. Motorists may encounter daytime single lane closures and flagging operations on WIS 49/County A during intersection improvements.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Motorists are encouraged to slow down through the construction zone and plan for delays.
- The Puchyan River Bridge will be closed within the work zone for approximately two months (September and October 2014) for widening and redecking.
- Mailboxes along WIS 23 should be removed by the property owners prior to work starting Monday, April 21. A common pickup box has been set up at the "Surface and Surrounding" property, W14480 Highway 23, Ripon, WI 54971. Contact your local post office to see if you qualify to receive mail here.
Promote your business during construction
· Is your business located within ½ mile of the WisDOT construction zone for this project? If you haven’t already done so, promote your business by uploading your business information to our business listing Web site: www.dot.wisconsin.gov/projects/d4/wis23/index.htm 
· A construction information meeting is scheduled to take place every Tuesday at the project field office; located at the Kopplin and Kinas Property, W1266 N. Lawson St., Green Lake, WI 54941. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 22, starting at noon. Topics will include construction staging, access to properties during construction, mailboxes, and others.
· Business and property owners can contact the on-site project leader Justin Berrens at (414) 640-8184 or the WisDOT Project Manager Dan Holloway at (715) 459-4774.