Submitted by denell on August 21, 2014 - 12:31pm
WIS 23 reconstruction Green Lake to Ripon (*updated*)
Work completed since last update
- Crews completed the box culvert extension work at Silver Creek, near Koro Road; work on the outside shoulders and ditch cleaning and restoring continues.
- Crews are constructing the Puchyan River Bridge located on WIS 23. The bridge is closed to all traffic.
- Crews are continuing grading operations on WIS 23 between County A west and WIS 49.
- Crews installed cross-culverts and storm sewer west of County A west and North Street.
- Crews completed the first of three layers of asphalt paving between Brooklyn J and Forest Ridge.
- Crews started placing gravel on North Lawson Street and North Street.
- Crews will continue work on the Puchyan River Bridge located on WIS 23.
- Crews plan to continue grading operations on WIS 23 between County A west and WIS 49.
- Crews will finish preparing gravel for asphalt placement on WIS 23 between Koro Road and Arcade Glenn Road by the end of next week.
- Crews will continue storm sewer work on WIS 23 east of County A west.
- Asphalt crews plan to complete the first layer of asphalt paving between Brooklyn J and WIS 49.
- Asphalt crews will begin the second layer of asphalt paving between Koro Road and WIS 49.
- Crews will finish placing gravel on North Lawson Street and North Street.
- Beginning the week of August 25, crews plan to install signs, pavement marking, and beam guard between Arcade Glen and WIS 49.
Traffic impacts and access
- WIS 23 (County A west in Green Lake County to Arcade Glen Road in Fond du Lac County) is closed to through traffic and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49. This detour will be in place until September 8.
- The Puchyan River Bridge located on WIS 23 is closed to all traffic.
- The intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street is open to local traffic. Work may limit access through the intersection.
- The WIS 49/County A intersection remains open to traffic with a four-way stop. Motorists are advised to watch for trucks merging from the WIS 49/County A work zone.
- Please drive with extra caution when entering and driving through the construction zone.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Traffic impacts are subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.