Submitted by denell on August 8, 2014 - 7:09am
WIS 23 reconstruction Green Lake to Ripon (*updated*)
Work completed since last update
- Crews are constructing the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road. Construction crews will be working on the outside shoulders and ditch.
- Crews started storm sewer work on North Lawson Drive.
- Crews landscaped from County PP to Koro Road.
- Crews are constructing the Puchyan River Bridge located on WIS 23. The bridge is closed to all traffic.
- Crews began grading operations on WIS 23 between County A west and WIS 49.
- Crews continue to prepare for asphalt placement on WIS 23 between Sunnyside Road and Koro Road.
- Concrete crews poured curb and gutter on Sunnyside Road, Brooklyn J, County PP, Dead End Road, Arcade Glen Road, County A, and WIS 49.
- Crews are installing cross-culverts on WIS 23 east of County A west and North Street.
- Crews will continue work on the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road.
- Crews will continue to prepare for asphalt placement on WIS 23 between County PP and Koro Road.
- Crews will continue storm sewer work at the intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street.
- Concrete crews plan to complete curb and gutter on County A and WIS 49 by the end of the week.
- Crews plan to asphalt pave on WIS 23 between WIS 49 and Koro Road beginning the week of August 11.
- Crews will continue work on the Puchyan River Bridge located on WIS 23.
- Crews plan to continue grading operations on WIS 23 between County A west and WIS 49.
Traffic impacts and access
- WIS 23 (County A west in Green Lake County to Arcade Glen Road in Fond du Lac County) is closed to through traffic and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49. This detour will be in place until September 8.
- WIS 23 is closed to all traffic within the work zone for cross-culvert construction 1000-feet east of County A west/North Street.
- The Puchyan River Bridge located on WIS 23 is closed to all traffic.
- The intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street is open to local traffic. Work may limit access through the intersection.
- Work on the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road, may periodically limit access on WIS 23 between Koro Road and Arcade Glenn. Access around work on Koro Road will be maintained at all times.
- The WIS 49/County A intersection remains open to traffic with a four-way stop. Motorists are advised to watch for trucks merging from the WIS 49/County A work zone.
- Please drive with extra caution when entering and driving through the construction zone.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Traffic impacts are subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.