Submitted by denell on July 16, 2014 - 4:03pm
WIS 23 reconstruction Green Lake to Ripon (*updated*)
Crews plan to begin stage two of construction on WIS 23 in Green Lake County (between County A west and WIS 49/County A east) on Monday, July 28. This stage of the project includes the reconstruction of the Puchyan River bridge.
Construction on stage one, WIS 23 (WIS 49/County A east to Arcade Glen Road in Ripon) is still under way. Stage one had been scheduled for completion before crews began work on stage two, however a late spring and continued wet conditions delayed progress. To ensure the entire project is completed on schedule in November 2014, the detours for both stages will be combined for approximately three weeks.
Currently scheduled traffic impacts for WIS 23 in Green Lake and Fond du Lac counties include:
- July 11 through July 28 -- WIS 23 (WIS 49/County A east to Arcade Glen Road in Ripon) is closed to through traffic and detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49.
- July 28 through August 15 -- WIS 23 (County A west in Green Lake County to Arcade Glen Road in Fond du Lac County) will be closed to through traffic and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49.
- August 15 through November 2014 – WIS 23 (County A west to WIS 49/County A east) will be closed and detoured via WIS 73, County K, County A.
Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained. Motorists may encounter daytime, single lane closures and flagging operations on WIS 49/County A east. The WIS 23/49/County A east intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop during all stages of construction.
Work completed since last update
- Crews are constructing the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road. Construction equipment and crews will be working on the outside shoulders and ditch.
- Crews installed culverts on County PP and Dead End Road.
- Crews graded the following side roads: Brooklyn J, County PP, and Dead End Road.
- Crews landscaped WIS 23 ditches between Westwind Road and Sunnyside Road.
- Grading operations will continue along WIS 23 between County PP and Arcade Glen Road.
- Crews will continue roadway culvert work between County PP and Koro Road.
- Crews will continue prepping for asphalt placement on WIS 23 between Eastwind Road and Brooklyn J.
- Crews will continue work on the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road.
- Landscaping crews plan to restore the ditch line of WIS 23 between Sunnyside Road and Brooklyn J during the week of July 21.
- Crews plan to begin storm sewer work at the intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street on Monday, July 21.
- Crews plan to begin work on the Puchyan River Bridge on Monday, July 28.
- Concrete crews plan to pour curb and gutter on Sunnyside Road, Brooklyn G, County PP, Dead End Road, and North Lawson during the week of July 28.
Traffic impacts and access
- WIS 23 (WIS 49/County A to Arcade Glen Road (Ripon)) is detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49. This detour will be in place until August 15.
- WIS 23 (County A to WIS 49) will be detoured via WIS 73, County K, and County A starting Monday, July 28.
- The Puchyan River Bridge (WIS 23) will be closed to all traffic starting Monday, July 28.
- The intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street is open to local traffic. Work scheduled to begin on Monday, July 28 may limit access through the intersection.
- Work on the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road, may periodically limit access on WIS 23 between Koro Road and Arcade Glenn. Access around work on Koro Road will be maintained at all times.
- The WIS 49/County A intersection remains open to traffic with a four-way stop. Motorists are advised to watch for trucks merging from the WIS 49/County A work zone.
- The local road connection of WIS 23 and Westwind Road has been permanently closed. Westwind Road retains access to WIS 23 via Eastwind Road.
- Please drive with extra caution when entering and driving through the construction zone.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Traffic impacts are subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.