Submitted by denell on June 20, 2014 - 9:28am
WIS 23 reconstruction Green Lake to Ripon (updated)
Work completed since last update
- Crews are constructing the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road. Construction equipment and crews will be working on the outside shoulders and ditch.
- Crews completed storm sewer on WIS 23 from WIS 49 to Westwind Road.
- Crews are grading WIS 23 between Westwind Road and Brooklyn J.
- Crews are placing road gravel on WIS 23 between WIS 49 and Forest Ridge Road.
- Crews plan to begin storm sewer work at the intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street on Monday June 30.
- Crews plan to complete storm sewer on County A and WIS 49 by Wednesday, June 25.
- Crews plan to begin curb and gutter work on Thursday, June 26.
- Grading operations will continue along WIS 23 between Sunnyside Road and Arcade Glen Road.
- Crews will continue gravel placement on WIS 23 from WIS 49 to Brooklyn J.
- Crews will continue work on the box culvert extension at Silver Creek, near Koro Road.
Traffic impacts and access
- WIS 23 (from the intersection of WIS 49/County A to Arcade Glen Road (Ripon)) is detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49. This detour will be in place through July 2014.
- Gravel operations between WIS 49 and Brooklyn J may periodically limit access through WIS 23.
- The WIS 49/County A intersection remains open to traffic with a four-way stop. Motorists are advised to watch for trucks merging from the WIS 49/County A work zone.
- The intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street is open to local traffic.
- Please drive with extra caution when entering and driving through the construction zone.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Traffic impacts are subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.