WIS 23 reconstruction Green Lake to Ripon (*updated*)
Current traffic impacts
- Rock blasting and excavation operations, along the new alignment of North Lawson, is scheduled to take place on May 15 and May 16.
- The intersection of North Lawson Street and North Street, in the city of Green Lake, is closed for utility work through May 23. Access to properties within the work zone will be maintained.
- The WIS 49/County A intersection will remain open to traffic with a four-way stop.
- WIS 23 -- east of Sunnyside Road to 1,000 feet west of Brooklyn J Road – is closed for 21 calendar days. The closure began on Monday, May 5 at 12:30 p.m.
- Grading operations will continue along WIS 23 from WIS 49 to Sunnyside Road. Local property owners are encouraged to slow down and drive with extra caution through the construction zone.
- WIS 23, from the intersection of WIS 49/County A to Arcade Glen Road (Ripon) is detoured via County A, County K, County KK, and WIS 44/49. This detour will be in place until July 2014.
- Local access to properties and businesses located on the project will be maintained.
- Rock blasting and excavation operations on North Street, in the city of Green Lake, is scheduled to begin on May 19.
- A traffic switch at the WIS 49/County A intersection is currently planned for May 21. Paving and marking crews will be working along the shoulder of County A in preparation for the traffic switch.
- Scheduled traffic impacts are subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.